Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Pleasant bus experience!

On my way to work this morning as I passed the post office I saw a tiny little elderly Black lady trying to push her granny cart up the curb. I slowed down to ask her if she needed help. She asked me if I could spare some change as she was taking her clothes to the consignment shop to sell for money. I felt very bad for her as she was very frail and old. On my way home this evening I sat down next to an older Black woman and she started to talk to me and tell me since her kids had started giving her cell phones she had lost 3 of them. We commiserated on losing things, like umbrellas and cell phones. It was hot today and she told me that her son had discovered that if you put your fan in the window backwards, for some reason it made the room cooler. So I told her I would try it and see. I said that I loved the sound of an oscillating fan. Her face lit up and said she did too and talked about an old table fan her mom had and said she took it when she moved out and kept it til it conked out. She talked about growing up in Berkeley and her mother making her come in the back door as she and her brothers and sisters were all dirty and I said, all of us kids used to have to play outside in the old days. She informed me that the lady sitting behind us had 3 sons and that 2 of them were whiners and that the mother of said whiners would soon be getting grey hairs. One of the boys commenced to whining and the elderly lady said, "See, I told you. Whiners!." As I got up to get off the bus, she again told me to try the backwards fan trick. We had a free bus ride today because it was a spare the air day as it was hot, so the bus was jam packed. As I fought my way to the door, the woman yelled "Bye baby girl!" As I am in my 40's I was rather pleased to be adressed as such.

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM , Blogger Leilouta said...

I miss riding the bus :)

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Leilouta, I bet you don't miss the lumpy haired stinky people!

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

Frankly, Miss C, I hate the public transport. And nobody tells me nice things!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home